Saturday, November 18, 2017

DNA Excitement, Monday meeting

I am so excited!  This week I was contacted by a DNA match in Vienna.  My match’s family is from a small farming community where my only Austrian great-grandfather grew up.  The town Diepolz has always had 200-400 inhabitants.  We know that our common ancestor lived around 100 years before my great-grandfather but my match and his brother are going to work to figure out my ancestors.  And they speak German!  This is the best it can be: matches who want to research our ancestors for us. 

My DNA contact is so timely.  Our meeting Monday will focus on DNA and our stories with plenty of time to work on other research too.  

I hope you can join us…Ferndale Library 1:00.  We need some people around 12:30 to help setup tables.  Rick is off on the East Coast meeting his newfound relatives and maybe visiting some archives too.


See you there.  Judith

No comments:

Post a Comment