Thursday, April 9, 2020

Zoom comes to Ferndale Genies



Some Genies are having withdrawal symptoms.  They miss their friends.  I miss my friends too.

Have you heard of Zoom?  I’ve been attending a variety of Zoom meetings for YMCA exercise, church groups, and even to talk to my relatives.  It’s not complicated.  Think of each of us live in a little window with our names below.  Kind of like Hollywood Squares (if you are old enough to remember).

Zoom can be used on a variety of devices including personal computers (Windows & Mac), tablets (Android & Apple) and smartphones (Android & iPhone).  Your device will need to have a working video camera, speaker and microphone to fully participate.  Personally, I like to use my largest screen so I can see all those Squares.  A phone-in option will be available but you will be disappointed not to be able to see the Squares.  I mean… your friends.

We can do this!  I’ll keep it as simple as I can. 

Mark your calendars for two upcoming Zoom events.

Monday, April 13 at 1:00  Genies Zoom Practice Session.   Tomorrow I will post a invitation to join the meeting on Monday along with some instructions.  We will practice the various features so we know how it works.  And we will have plenty of time to catch up with each other too.  I’m sure we have some tales of intrigue from the past month. 

It is not required that you attend this event in order to participate in our regular monthly meeting but you might miss out.  If you can’t make this one, let me know and I will schedule another time for you.

Monday, April 20 at 1:00  Regular monthly meeting over Zoom

This is a brilliant solution for including people who live at a distance or have to stay home for any reason.  (Rick B., are you listening?)

Let’s do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment