Friday, July 17, 2020

July 20 Meeting

Another month has zoomed by.  Pun intended.  Please join us Monday.  If you haven’t used Zoom yet, it is not too late to get a Zoom introduction from me.  Don’t hesitate, just email.

_________________________________________________

Zoom Invitation

Topic: Ferndale Genies

Time: Jul 20, 2020 1:00 PM Pacific Time (Virtual doors open at 12:50.)  No chairs to set up.

 

Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85158859219?pwd=TVhrd25Oam5qUUNmYUxnWnVaTlhwUT09

 

Meeting ID: 851 5885 9219

Password: 346776

 

At the meeting I’ll talk about my writing.  I finally shared Chapter 1 of my life story with my 10-year-old granddaughter Lyla.  Her email response warmed my heart: 

 

I LOVED the story it was awsome

I have to say you were adorable when you were a

Baby. And your mother and father, June and Sandy.

 

There have been various studies about the value to young people of knowing about their families and ancestors’ stories.  It gives them resilience and persistence to know that their ancestors confronted obstacles and overcame them.  In this Wall Street Journal article https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-secret-benefits-of-retelling-family-stories-11573468201 they found “less anxiety and fewer behavior problems” and I think that’s pretty good too. 

 

Here’s a fun freebie from Thomas MacEntee, 10 Ways to Jumpstart Your Genealogy https://genealogybargains.s3.amazonaws.com/10+Ways+to+Jumpstart+Your+Genealogy.pdf

We’ll talk about that too.

 

I also bought a new book.  You know I don’t do that very often and I have been eyeing this book ever since RootsTech.  As usual, I waited until there were no more special deals. And, by the way, if you have any of my books, please identify yourself.  I don’t need them back; I would just like to know where they are.

 

Bring your ideas for show and tell and I’ll see you there.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment