Friday, December 18, 2020

Monthly Meeting Monday 12/21/2020 Plus a Word from your Friends

 

Welcome to our monthly meeting!  I’ll send another invitation on Sunday.

Topic: Genies Monthly Zoom Meeting

Time: Dec 21, 2020 01:00 PM Pacific Time    Meeting opens at 12:50.

 https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83405602012?pwd=ZE0rZXQ2L0RCbWZoeHd5STBzSmFNZz09

Meeting ID: 834 0560 2012

Passcode: 731291


Sylvia writes:

Heritage has upgraded its photo colorization. I tried it on a few photos. For the most part, it does get rid of what Heritage calls the “zombie skin” where some parts or whole of a person doesn’t get colored in. Still a bit wishy-washy with colors, I feel. I have to try using my own photo edits with some I have saved to see if that works better.

 

I’m thinking of dropping Find My Past and picking up Heritage premium package for a while. Their new features include matching and helping fill in your tree, plus storing many more photos and docs. I have hardly used Find My Past and find that with only a few exceptions, I can get most of their hints on Ancestry or other sites.

 

And Bill writes:

Here is a link to an interesting Wall Street Journal video (22 min) that discusses how new technology can preserve the memories and identity of a person after they pass.

 

The technology is still very new but may give us a glimpse how we can be remembered by our families after death.  It may be an approach to replace the current process of interviewing older relatives to preserve family stories.

 

https://www.wsj.com/video/series/eternal/how-tech-can-bring-our-loved-ones-to-life-after-they-die/9AE313CA-C2FC-45E3-B427-FEFC6B54F100

 

No comments:

Post a Comment