Tuesday, December 12, 2017

2018: Here We Come!

This is the follow-up to my last post about my priorities in 2017.

Remember I had five priorities in 2017.  I wrote all about them in a post a few days ago.  (You can find that post in the center panel of our blog ferndalegenies.blogspot.com.)
I’m still thinking about 2018 but here’s what I have so far.

Eastern Europeans:  My top priority continues to be my mom’s family from Germany, Austria and Croatia.  I’ve been hearing Genies say Germany and wonder if anyone (or two) wants to coordinate a special interest group for Germany. 

RootsMagic:  Now that I’ve settled on RootsMagic for my desktop software I can’t let up.  I’m hoping I can bring a lot of things together in my desktop software and then update online trees from there.  If and when there are people interested, I am willing to coordinate a RootsMagic group. 

Technology:  I have said it before and I’ll say it again.  I think all of us will benefit from uping our game in technology.  Technology is new on my list but it is ever-present in doing genealogy these days.  I felt great conquering some keyboard shortcuts last year and now I need to master an app for managing my podcasts.  And always new things to learn for the Genies blog.

Carol S. and I will be going to the RootsTech conference in Salt Lake City at the end of February.  It’s my first out-of-state conference and Carol will be a great guide for it.  We’ll report back at the March Genies meeting.

Genies:  I will be listening to each of you this month and onward to carry out our common pursuit (or addiction) of genealogy.  I’m interested in ideas for what will deliver what you need when you need it.  Also looking for others interested in sharing skills and knowledge in talks or small groups. 

Organization is a new addition.  I have everything in notebooks, folders, and online documents, but inside it feels like this.  What more can I say??


Image result for einstein's messy desk image

No comments:

Post a Comment