Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Challenge, Anyone?


This time of year my inbox is alive with Challenges of every sort.  There’s the Total Aliveness Challenge and the 30-Day Yoga Challenge, the Detox Challenge and the Seven-Day Rescue Challenge.  I fell for the first two and bypassed the last two. 

For me a Challenge gives me some new ideas to replace the old ones that aren’t working.  Some I sign up for just to see what they have to say.  And after listening to the Getting to Good Enough podcast (where they say “Done is better than Perfect”), I know it is OK to take 60 days for the 30-Day Yoga Challenge.  We can make up our own rules, you know.

Last week I told you about the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks writing challenge.  Now I’ve found a challenge that I will actually do. 

For those of you interested in methodology and improving your genealogy habits, there is 14-Day Research Like a Pro Mini Challenge.

I’ve mentioned a mother-daughter team that blogs at Family Locket.  The mom Diana Elder is a professional genealogist and they wrote an e-book Research Like a Pro available at Amazon.  I’ve been following their podcasts since they started last summer.  The first 7 episodes explain the seven steps in their Research Like a Pro process. 

They are personable teachers with good explanations.  No hype, no jingles, no advertising. 

For the 14-Day Mini Challenge you pick a do-able objective and they will step you through the process with daily emails.  Read the details here: https://familylocket.com/challenge/?mc_cid=97397ff897&mc_eid=2d837bc735

It starts next Tuesday so don’t delay.

One more time:  Genies Meeting is this Friday, January 18 at 1:00.  See you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment